[jboss-as7-dev] Packaging utility classes in an .ear

Francesco Marchioni marchioni.francesco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 05:06:19 EDT 2011

Dear devs,
I'm testing .ear classloading with utility classes packaged in the
Enterprise Archive.
The following case test fails, so I'm wondering if it's my misundertanding
or a bug:

application.ear

|  Webapplication.war
|  Utility.jar
|
|  META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Manifest file contains the Java EE compliant dependency to the class
Utility.jar
Class-Path: Utility.jar

However, the Webapplication fails to load the classes from Utility.jar,
which are instead correctly pickedup if I move them into the ear's lib
folder.

As side note - I've tried also stating isolated deployments to false, in
jboss-deployment-structure.xml (which should default) without success:
<jboss-deployment-structure>
  <ear-subdeployments-isolated>false</ear-subdeployments-isolated>
</jboss-deployment-structure>

Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot
Francesco