[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 XSDs

Wolfgang Knauf wolfgang.knauf at gmx.de
Wed Jul 13 16:06:59 EDT 2011

Hi Brian,

see below....

Von: Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry at redhat.com>
An: jboss-as7-dev at lists.jboss.org
Datum: 12.07.2011 22:48

 > On 7/12/11 3:22 PM, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
 >
 > all previous JBoss
 >> versions had JBoss specific deployment descriptors for the JavaEE
 >> modules (jboss.xml, jboss-web.xml, jboss-app.xml, jboss-client.xml).
 >>

 > Not including those in the dist was an oversight, aka a bug. I noticed
 > that a couple hours ago:
 >
 > https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1263
 >
 >> Brian updated the DTD/XSD wiki at
 >> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossDTDs and I see that e.g.
 >> "jboss_7_0.xsd" still exists.
 >>
 >> But when taking a look at e.g. "standalone.xml", it seems that the "new"
 >> xsds are used for module specific parts of this big config file. So, is
 >> there some equivalent to e.g. "jboss.xml" for ejb modules in AS7. or
 >> will a "jboss.xml" in the ejb jar have the same effect as adding it's
 >> content to an appropriate location in "standalone.xml"?
 >>

 > No, deployment-specific configuration a la jboss.xml, web.xml,
 > jboss-web.xml does not go in standalone.xml or domain.xml. The
 > descriptor files should be packaged in the deployment archive as was
 > done with previous JBoss AS releases.

So, to sum it up:
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/7.0.0.Final/build/src/main/resources/docs/schema/jboss-web.xsd
is for configuring the web subsystem in "standalone.xml", *not* for the
JBoss specific options in a web module?

And there will also be xsd files for the module specific options, e.g.
the equivalent to http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/schema/jboss-web_6_0.xsd ?

If my understanding is correct, the naming of the server config xsd
files is confusing, because a "jboss-7_0.xsd" will be something
different than "jboss_6_0.xsd".

Best regards

Wolfgang