[jboss-as7-dev] Loading of System Resources Broken in JBoss AS 7 Final but worked in JBoss AS 7 Beta 3 - Workaround?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 16:16:19 EDT 2011

On 7/14/11 1:37 PM, William Louth (JINSPIRED.COM) wrote:
> The label associated with this change which broke things is ominous enough:
>
> MODULES-89: make sure ModuleClassLoader lives in complete isolation and
> use package name to load package spec
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-modules/commit/2046885497316d66ca0682b4a83fe8fad4cb0ccc#src/main/java/org/jboss/modules/ModuleClassLoader.java

This patch is wrong, it shouldn't have been merged. I'll revert that
portion.

> If you are going to do it like this then at least change the
> ModuleClassLoader or ConcurrentClassLoader to properly implement support
> for loading resources from Module.systemPaths though I would question
> this default and non-configurable behavior. Pain lies this way for sure
> and any benefit (fast start-up)&  goodwill (hey you are modular) you
> think you have achieved with this will evaporate in seconds when things
> just don't work. I know from experience.

We only want one configuration, the one that works :)

Note that this issue is limited to resource loading with elements on
systemPaths. Reverting that patch will have no effect on performance or
modularity, it will just fix the bug.

--
Jason T. Greene