[jboss-as7-dev] unavailable dependencies" => ["jboss.web.\"jboss-as-helloworld.war\" missing [ jboss.web.host.localhost

Martin Schwartzman mschwartzman at ittvis.com
Mon Jul 18 12:20:37 EDT 2011

I downloaded and built wolfc-jboss-as-f896114.zip this morning at 8:39am
MDT from https://github.com/wolfc/jboss-as/tree/AS7-579. I added
Dependencies: org.hornetq.ra in the war's MANIFEST.MF. I started up the
server and then deployed my test war. The first time I tried this the
server responded to the console with something like: "to deploy war
create file jboss-as-helloworld.war.dodeploy". I did this and my test
war deployed. I ran a test where I sent a message to a jms queue and my
EJB 3 MDB's onMessage() was invoked! However, I decided to make a small
modification to my war and try again. When I deploy the war the server
deploys it without asking for the jboss-as-helloworld.war.dodeploy file
and I get the following error:

09:59:01,400 ERROR [org.jboss.as.deployment] (DeploymentScanner-threads
- 1) {"Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that
failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"Services with missing/unavailable
dependencies" => ["jboss.web.\"jboss-as-helloworld.war\" missing [
jboss.web.host.localhost ]"]}}}

Any help will be appreciated.

Martin