[jboss-as7-dev] datasource/connection-url reference to interfaces/ports

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 16:31:35 EDT 2011

The datasource/connection-url property in the domain model is outside of
the interfaces and socket-binding-group usage. The current
datasource_1_0.xsd does not have a reference to sockets or interfaces.
We also don't seem to be setting jboss.server.* system properties that
could be used to create a configuration fragment like:

<datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/MysqlDS" enabled="true"
use-java-context="true" pool-name="H2DS">
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://${jboss.server.default.interface}:${jboss.server.socket-binding-group.mysql}/database</connection-url>
<driver>mysql</driver>
<security>
<user-name>sa</user-name>
<password>sa</password>
</security>
</datasource>

What is the plan to allow jca connection factories to integrate into the
interfaces/ports part of the domain model?

This came up as we add support for mysql in the openshift express
cartridge, and modification of the connection-url for the host the
server is running on requires changes in two parts of the standalone.xml
configuration rather than one.