[jboss-as7-dev] Strange behaviour with messaging

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 01:17:31 EDT 2011

Comments inline.

On Tuesday 19 July 2011 10:41 AM, Vimal Kansal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have reported this earlier also, restating here. I am having some
> problem with using messaging and observing some strange behaviour with
> how messaging objects \ :
>
> (1) Can't deploy a simple .war file.
> =============================
> I have a simple servlet, in which I have injected messaging resources
> like this :
>

>       @Resource(mappedName = "java:/ConnectionFactory")
>       private QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory;
>       @Resource(mappedName = "queue/test")
>       private Queue queue;
>
> Also, I have added the following entr to WEB-INF/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>
> Dependencies: org.hornetq.ra
>
> When I deploy the .war, I get the following error :
>
> 15:01:24,984 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.controller]
> (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) Deployment of "Hello.war" was rolled
> back with failure message {"Services with missing/unavailable
> dependencies" =>
> ["jboss.naming.context.java.module.Hello.Hello.\"env/packt.HelloServlet/queueConnectionFactory\".jboss.deployment.unit.\"Hello.war\".module.Hello.Hello.2
> missing [ jboss.naming.context.java.ConnectionFactory
> ]","jboss.deployment.unit.\"Hello.war\".jndiDependencyService missing [
> jboss.naming.context.java.module.Hello.Hello.\"env/packt.HelloServlet/queue\",
> jboss.naming.context.java.module.Hello.Hello.\"env/packt.HelloServlet/queueConnectionFactory\"
> ]","jboss.naming.context.java.module.Hello.Hello.\"env/packt.HelloServlet/queue\".jboss.deployment.unit.\"Hello.war\".module.Hello.Hello.3
> missing [ jboss.naming.context.java.module.Hello.Hello.env/queue/test
> ]","jboss.deployment.unit.\"Hello.war\".component.\"packt.HelloServlet\".START
> missing [

See this for the JNDI errors http://community.jboss.org/thread/168979.
Use mappedName="java:/queue/test" for now. Also see the referenced JIRA
in that thread https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1210.

> (2) View of messaging resources from admin console is different from
> command line invocation of :jndi-view command
>
> In admin console web app, I can see testQueue, testTopic and
> ConnectionFactory but when I run /subsystem=naming:jndi-view command
> from jboss-admin , these resources are not visible in JNDI tree.
Ideally, both the admin console and the CLI should end up using the same
operation to list the jndi-view. Probably that's not happening
currently. Will take a look later.

-Jaikiran