[jboss-as7-dev] Making more properties writeable?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 09:58:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

just looked at the configuration side of the API again and most of the attibutes in there are read-only.

So I can not e.g. change the max post size for the http connector (*) via API - other than dropping the http
connector completely and re-creating it, which is nothing people will do (especially when there is no
":clone" operation that fills in the existing properties when not passed explicitly).

People will in this case just start hacking on standalone.xml and other files, which completely
renders the api void. Do we really want that?

   Heiko

*) Just a random selection

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn