[jboss-as7-dev] Getting started application development guide - a suggestion

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 06:48:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

> I wonder if you have seen Glassfish JEE tutorial : it uses Nebeans and uses Netbeans project structure etc.

Yes, and these examples are tied to Netbeans - is that  a good thing ?

I guess it is if you want to promote netbeans ;)

I haven't tried for the specific quickstarts yet, but they should work equally well in netbeans and
intellij assuming they import maven projects properly. I find that to be a much more useful.

But even if we were to recreate these as "pure eclipse projects" as long as there isn't a good way to get the list of jars from AS7 distro which will be used for a project
nor have a bunch of people that can replicate all examples in WTP, Ant, Maven etc. I don't really see
how we can do this without it being alot of effort with small gains.

I guess we could simply import the project into jboss tools/m2eclipse and save the generated .project/.classpath/.settings
folder .....but still someone would have to maintain that + create a zip with all the relevant jars in it for every AS7/EAP6 update.

Suggestions very welcome if i'm missing something obvious ?

/max