[jboss-as7-dev] Getting started application development guide - a suggestion

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 08:41:28 EDT 2011

> Its not about promoting netbeans/eclipse/maven - its about somebody to be quickly able to get up to speed with JEE6 way of developing apps. Any tool that gets the user there first is what gets most acceptance - netbeans/eclipse/maven or whatever. Since I have come across various environments where maven is still not the main tool that is why I raised this issue,

Yes, I know - thats why we made it easy to install jboss tools, import the quick starts - you don't even have to use maven normally.

I want to make the quick starts directly available without downloading the AS7 quickstart zip.

Until then File > New > Web Project, select CDI and you are off using JEE6.

That is the simplest approach right now.

Not sure what else we can do before that ?

/max