[jboss-as7-dev] Easiest way to bind AS7 on non-localhost ? Re: Making more properties writeable?

Rostislav Svoboda rsvoboda at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 06:53:05 EDT 2011

> > just looked at the configuration side of the API again and most of
> > the attibutes in there are read-only.
> >
> > So I can not e.g. change the max post size for the http connector
> > (*) via API - other than dropping the http
> > connector completely and re-creating it, which is nothing people
> > will do (especially when there is no
> > ":clone" operation that fills in the existing properties when not
> > passed explicitly).
> >
> > People will in this case just start hacking on standalone.xml and
> > other files, which completely
> > renders the api void. Do we really want that?
>
> You mean stuff like:
>
> perl -p -i.backup -e 'undef $/; s/(interface
> name=.public..*)inet-address.*127.0.0.1\"\//\1any-address\//im
>
> ? :)
>
> for those not fluent in perl that changes the interface address to use
> any-address which is the simplest fix I could
> find when you want to launch AS7 on an ec2 instance.
>
> Anyone know of a better way ?
>
> How would one actually do this in terms of CLI operations ?

I did it using:
{code}
/interface=publicIP:add(criteria=[("inet-address" => "10.34.3.154")])
/socket-binding-group=standard-sockets:write-attribute(name="default-interface", value="publicIP")
:reload
{code}

But it's workaround, Brian filled JIRA to make these attributes read-write, see https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1299

Rosta