[jboss-as7-dev] AbstractAddStepHandler handling

David Bosschaert david at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 07:03:15 EDT 2011

Hi all,

While I'm writing a bunch of AbstractAddStepHandler subclasses for the
parsing of my subsystem I was thinking the following...

Typically these have the following methods:
   protected void populateModel(ModelNode operation, ModelNode model) {
     // parse data out of operation and put into model
   }

   protected void performRuntime(OperationContext context, ModelNode
operation, ModelNode model,...) {
     // take action, which typically means:
     // read data out of model and do something with it
   }

This typically means that I have to parse the stuff in performRuntime
again (from ModelNode->native objects), either out of model or reparse
the operation. It would be nice if the result of the parsing in
populateModel could be cached somehow so that you could re-use it in
performRuntime?

Any ideas here? Is this already possible? Or should I be doing things
differently?

Cheers,

David