[jboss-as7-dev] Reading attribute with CLI fails

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 08:03:36 EDT 2011

I was complaining about tis a while ago as well.
With the current model structure you cannot easily read any single attribute
of the jsp-configuration.

Brian, Remy: any ideas how this could be improved?
Some thoughts about a generic config container have been on the table before.
Similar to system  and other properties (See my other email about key/value pairs)

  /subsystem=web/config=development:read-resource()

Alternatively it could become a specific sub resource,
so that  read/write attribute operations might apply:

  /subsystem=web/config=jsp:read-attribute(name=development)

If you ask me, i'd prefer the later.

Ike