[jboss-as7-dev] packaging of demos in AS7

Jonathan Halliday jonathan.halliday at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 06:11:49 EDT 2011

Is there any documentation describing how to package and include demo
source code and instructions in AS7?

Now that XTS is (almost) integrated I'm looking at how we can ship the
demo app for it. IMO it should really be bundled with the AS rather than
a separate download, but the source for it will remain in the TS rather
than AS repo.

So, I need some way of packaging the source and instructions into maven,
then having the AS build get them back out and unpack them into some
suitable place. Ideally the AS build should then build and run the demo
to ensure it works too.

I'd also be interested to know if there are particular convestions in
place for how demos should build. Are they e.g. using relative paths to
reference libraries in the AS dir tree, or using maven?  What is the
standard format for demo README files, instructions etc? plain text, html?

Thanks

Jonathan.

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Mark Hegarty (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)