[jboss-as7-dev] How to install a JDBC driver as a module via CLI or console?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Sat Jun 4 09:58:58 EDT 2011

In AS7 upstream, how do I currently install a JDBC driver *as a module*
either via the CLI or the admin console? Looking at the admin console I
just see that it allows me a choose from a list of already installed
drivers while creating a datasource but doesn't allow me to add a new
driver. Is this feature planned for AS 7.0 CR1/Final? Or is the driver
installation supposed to happen outside of the admin console?

As for the CLI, I'm just trying to get a hang of the syntax. So far, I
haven't found a way to add a new JDBC driver (as a module) from the CLI.
Here's what I have tried so far:

[standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/jdbc-driver=new-one:add
{
     "outcome" => "failed",
     "failure-description" => [("java.util.NoSuchElementException" =>
"No child 'driver-name' exists")]
}

I guess I'm using a wrong syntax here. Anyone knows how to go about
this? In the meantime, I'll go check the CLI syntax wiki.

P.S: By the way, I don't understand what that error message is trying to
convey to me. What does no child "driver-name" mean?

-Jaikiran