[jboss-as7-dev] How to install a JDBC driver as a module via CLI or console?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 03:09:11 EDT 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 12:30 PM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>
>> In AS7 upstream, how do I currently install a JDBC driver *as a module*
>> either via the CLI or the admin console? Looking at the admin console I
>> just see that it allows me a choose from a list of already installed
>> drivers while creating a datasource but doesn't allow me to add a new
>> driver. Is this feature planned for AS 7.0 CR1/Final? Or is the driver
>> installation supposed to happen outside of the admin console?
>

> Simply deploy it and it will show up on the pull down list,
> when creating a datasource.
As a deployment, it's easy. But deploying it as a module is more
involved and most of it is boilerplate
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DataSourceConfigurationinAS7#Installing_a_JDBC_driver_as_a_module.
So I was thinking if we should simplify adding it as a module via admin
console (autogenerate the module.xml and other stuff based on the user
input) or even the CLI perhaps. Having said that, I don't know how many
users will be opting for deploying the JDBC driver as a module.

-Jaikiran