[jboss-as7-dev] JBoss AS7 Console Extensions

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 04:01:46 EDT 2011

On Jun 7, 2011, at 12:24 AM, Rob Cernich wrote:

> Hey Heiko,
>
> I'm working on some tooling for SwitchYard and was wondering what the preferred method for adding console extensions for additional modules, in this case, SwitchYard.  Any insight you might provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rob

Hi Rob,

it's not yet implemented but planned for the AS 7.1.CR1 release:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-963

I cannot provide any of the specifics yet, but it will be a build time solution
that allows you to plugin tooling extensions that have been published to the maven repository.
We used to have such a solution within Errai Workspaces and we will build on the ideas that proven to be successful already:

http://download.jboss.org/errai/docs/1.2.2/userguide/index.html#workspaces

It's a meta data driven approach (Annotations). If you take a look at the workspace-api section
you get an idea how it looks like. Basically any extension will be packaged as a jar file and can be included
in a custom switchyard build.

It builds on a number of pre-requisites/constraints:

- Tools need to be written GWT
- There is no declarative approach like in RHQ. You need to write code. But we can help.
- The framework will provide shared services: authentication, widgets, backend integration, etc

Regards, Ike