[jboss-as7-dev] Looking for naming help

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 08:29:22 EDT 2011

>>> that would require an external vm launch or are you saying CLI has
>>> API we can call ?
>> I don't know if it does or not.  Alexey?
>>
>> If not, I can't imagine that it would be that hard to create.
>>
> I would say https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/controller-client/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/controller/client/ModelControllerClient.java#L89

That API is like handing out a HashMap to someone who would like a typed interface ;)

anyway - my point is that using the CLI doesn't give much unless there are significant work done on making a higher level "API" for the CLI (i.e. like glassfish has a set of standard operations)
and using it from the mvn plugin (or any other tooling) efficiently would need a way to do that without requiring a new VM instance IMO.

Until then, yes - the only API we have is the detyped one which means alot of guess work and trial and errors for everyone trying to use it - but at least
they will use the same api :)

/max