[jboss-as7-dev] Server Group equals Cluster?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 09:18:37 EDT 2011

Exactly.

The foundation of the AS's clustering features are JGroups channels
where the instance of a channel on a given server discovers its peers
and exchange messages in a peer-to-peer topology. That discovery and the
ability to properly exchange messages depends on a consistent
configuration between the members of the cluster.

A server group is the logical way to achieve that consistent configuration.

However, if the user configured two server groups with the same
clustering configuration and the servers in the two groups were visible
to each other over the network, all the servers would form a single cluster.