[jboss-as7-dev] Consolidate Arquillian test infrastructure

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Wed Jun 8 14:55:13 EDT 2011

Folks,

the initial work on consolidating the arquillian test infrastructure
(AS7-734 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-734>) is done.

What you see in pull request 49
<https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/49> installs the latest
arquillian 1.0.0.Beta2 release to use with all test suites. These are

testsuite
+ smoke
+ spec
+ integration

The AS7 instance is started in managed mode (i.e. in a separate VM).
There is no arquillian subsystem any more nor any test related jar
artefacts in modules. Instead the arquillian endpoint is deployed before
the first test. As a side effect of arq managed it is also possible to
manually start up an AS7 instance and run the tests as usual. This is
useful for in container debugging. The maven test goal works as
expected. You can run individual tests with -Dtest=Foo

For this iteration, the focus was on infrastructure not on individual
test failures. All tests were ported to the new arquillian API. Tests
that failed for obvious reasons were fixed the hard ones ignored.

To see which tests were ignored run

 > git grep AS7-734

Attached is a snapshot of the ignored tests. I'll take care of the osgi
ones. For the others I'd like to ask the respective authors to have a look.

JSF testing is currently disabled completely because of its dependency
on the arquillian servlet protocol. I'll follow up with the JSF folks so
we can decide how to resurrect those.

Overall writing integration tests should now be much easier.

cheers
-thomas
-

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx