[jboss-as7-dev] Request for review of DomainServletApi bridge

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 15:56:09 EDT 2011

I wanted to be able to access the domain api that is currently served up
by the domain-api-http services on localhost:9990/domain-api via the
jbossweb connectors (localhost:8080/domain-api by default), so I created
a org.jboss.as.web.domain.{DomainApiContextService,DomainApiServlet}
pair that does this. I only have the GET access working at the moment,
but wanted feedback on how to proceed as the DomainApiServlet has to
duplicate a lot of the domain-api-http
org.jboss.as.domain.http.server.DomainApiHandler because of the servlet
api vs org.jboss.com.sun.net.httpserver differences. It is relatively
easy to refactor the DomainApiHandler to isolate the differences so that
the bulk of the code can be used by the DomainApiServlet, but before
doing that I wanted some feedback on the changes so far:

https://github.com/starksm64/jboss-as/commit/03cc9156e05358f3e1a6d36c4df7349325d2f41f

Should this be in the web module or factored out into a new module that
depends on domain-api-http and web?