[jboss-as7-dev] detecting JPA usage in AS7 applications...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 15:37:41 EDT 2011

Currently, we are injecting JPA related module dependencies into
applications that have valid persistence units in persistence.xml.

This is wrong I think.  We probably only need to look for the presence
of @PersistenceUnit @PersistenceContext and same in deployment
descriptors (which we currently also do).

I don't want to inject the JPA dependencies just because there is
persistence unit definition (we can still parse it and have it available
for use).

This might help us deploy native Hibernate applications that don't use
EE JPA.

Scott