[jboss-as7-dev] detecting JPA usage in AS7 applications...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 19:19:38 EDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 05:10 PM, Marius Bogoevici wrote:
> On 06/09/2011 04:52 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> Sounds like our JPA deployment processor needs a way to ignore certain
>> applications or certain parts of the application.
> Yeah, it would be for the best. I've submitted
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-946 with a tentative approach for this.
>
> I'm also trying something on the file exclusion thing that I mumbled
> about on IRC yesterday.

I'm not sure if we just need jboss-ignore.txt
(http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss5custommetadatafiles) or we need
something more expressive with respect to the desired effect.

The best thing might be to start an AS7 branch and create test cases on
it that represent, the different permutations that we want to support.
Whether the code to make the tests pass, gets merged into 7.0 or 7.1,
isn't as important as having the test cases.