[jboss-as7-dev] Security Domain Association

Marcus Moyses mmoyses at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 12:03:21 EDT 2011

On 06/10/2011 12:51 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> For deployments to JBoss AS7 is it still expected that the old way of
> associating a security domain with a deployment / individual components
> will be followed?
>
> i.e. Specifying the<security-domain>  element in the deployment
> descriptors or using the SecurityDomain annotation on specific beans.
Yes, the <security-domain> element is still used, at least in WARs. I
think it should be used for EARs as well.
There is SecurityDomain annotation in the PicketBox project but it has
never been used for EJB3s. I think we should start using it to avoid
having 2 different annotations. Customers get confused with that.
> Has there been any consideration regarding assigning a security domain
> as part of the actual deployment process i.e. deploy this archive and
> use domain X.
It was decided that deploying a security domain along with an
application will not be a feature in AS7 as it would leave the security
domain unmanageable. Jason said we will discuss this feature for AS7.1
(there are other use cases for standalone deployments besides security
domains).
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.

Marcus Moyses