[jboss-as7-dev] Simplifying testsuite structure

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 05:31:25 EDT 2011

I think the main problem is that the goals of each module are undocumented.

On 06/10/2011 09:38 AM, Thomas Diesler wrote:
> Folks,
>
> the current state is
>
> + demos
Targeted at users.
For use in documentation.
>   + api
Using JBoss API.
>   + internals
(Bogus)
>   + legacy
(Bogus)
>   + spec
Using spec API.
> + testsuite
>   + api
Targeted at users.
More extensive JBoss API testing.
>   + benchmark
>   + domain
>   + integration
Targeted at us.
Anything is allowed in the integration tests, so you'll find me doing
stuff which is not allowed by spec or even advised to users.
>   + smoke
Targeted at us.
Anything is allowed.
>   + spec
Targeted at users.
More extensive spec API testing.

The demos should be run during a testsuite run. Relying on some sort of
re-usage in smoke is not enough. Re-using bits in integration/smoke
should not be an issue.

Last but not least, all tests must be documented.
A failing undocumented test is allowed to be deleted on the spot.

Carlo