[jboss-as7-dev] JBoss AS 7 Getting Started Guide for developers + Docs repo

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 08:39:58 EDT 2011

On 15 Jun 2011, at 14:33, Pete Muir wrote:

>>> I would suggest a similar approach for developer guides. What we have now
>>> for the getting started guide shouldn't be expanded on too much. When we
>>> add docs for using every feature in EJB or CDI, this should go in the main
>>> Developers Guide.
>>
>> Agreed. However I see most of the information being in the project specific
>> docs - and the Developer Guide more of a place where it is described how the
>> techs related, and a basic getting started from a programming PoV.
>
> Agreed.

Though I do want to add, I think for the developer guide that (although maybe not right away) that we do offer an integrated guide to writing apps for Java EE, not writing apps for each of the Java EE components (EJB, CDI, Servlets) - this needs to be seen as a coherent platform.

Bruno, is this on your plan?