[jboss-as7-dev] Consolidated list of non-Java EE JPA and native Hibernate issues

Marius Bogoevici marius.bogoevici at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:18:58 EDT 2011

Jason T. Greene wrote:
> On 6/16/11 9:00 AM, Marius Bogoevici wrote:
>> Jason T. Greene wrote:

>>> Theres some discussion on IRC about the JPA issues. Stuart has a patch
>>> that prevents "non EE components" from acting on JPA annotations. We
>>> should definitely fix that bit (which will allow spring to work):
>>>
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1031
>> Jason, I've been trying Stuart's patch last night - and it worked great,
>> but this is a different issue - here you want to obviate stuff like
>> META-INF/persistence.xml from the JPA subsystem, so that the
>> bootstrapping of the PU doesn't even take plac
>
> I have nothing against an ignore mechanism, but if we want JPA
> plugability the proper mechanism for that is the spec described JPA
> provider mechanism which will be in 7.1.
Right. The ignore mechanism is much more limited and in the case of
Spring apps serves a different purpose (give total control of PU
creation to the application itself, the server becomes completely
agnostic of the fact that there even is a PU).

The nice thing about ignore is that it can help if people package things
which would conflict with the server. You'd better not do that to begin
with, but sometimes this is how migrations start.