[jboss-as7-dev] Aquillan module in AS 7 final ?

Francesco Marchioni marchioni.francesco at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:07:45 EDT 2011

Hi Max - thanks for the holiday reply :-)

>Hmm...i'm interested how ? :) you mean because in jbt 3.3 M1 we included
every single jar found under modules and thus it was >exposed on The
classpath ?

Well substantially yes. Having Arquillan modules bundled in the distribution
means you could set up your EE integration test from Eclipse in a matter of
minutes.
The reverse side of the medal, is that bypassing Maven, you would get a
discrepancy from the official distribution.
I'd be glad to hear what developers consider the major priority between
these two statements.

I by no means am try­ing to dis­cour­age any­one from writ­ing unit tests,
however I've found the percentage of unit tests in EE applications to be
small, mostly because it was necessary to invest time (and money) in
learning and setting up a proper test environment; so IMHO, having an
integration test platform built-in could be a very good plus.

regards
Francesco