[jboss-as7-dev] Recent profile changes

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 12:09:50 EDT 2011

As of last night these should all work:

--server-config=x
--server-config x
-server-config=x
-server-config x

The CLI uses the two-dash-and-equals-sign syntax, so I plan to change
the usage note you get from ./standalone.sh --help to use that syntax;
the other ones will work though. I figured it was easier to make them
work than explain a change. Misty, we should update the docs to the
two-dash-and-equals-sign syntax.

Same patterns apply for --domain-config and --host-config.

Basically, for command line options we supported before, we now support
single-dash or two-dash, and, if the option takes a value, either a
space or '=' as the separator.

A single char option will only support the single-dash. I also pulled
over a couple single char variants from AS 6.

-h
-help
--help

-V
-version
--version

But I don't want to support all these variants in the CLI, so I think we
should only document:

-x (no value)
-x=value
--xyz (no value)