[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 documentation : Why are we referring it as JEE6 webprofile implementation and not JEE6 full implementation

Vimal Kansal vkansal at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 19:36:28 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I have been going through the various AS7 documentation tracks and
invariably we are referring to AS7 as "implementation of JEE6 web
profile" e.g at
"https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Getting+Started+Guide" the
very second line reads " JBoss Application Server 7 (herein referred to
as AS 7), is a fast, powerful, implementation of the *Java EE 6 Web
Profile specification*"  Similarly at
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Introduction, the second line
reads : " It will then introduce key features of the *Java EE 6 (Web
Profile)* programming model, of which JBoss AS 7 is a certified
implementation" .

Does that mean AS7 is still "JEE6 web profile" implementation only?  I
will also suggest that in some documentation we also mention the list of
specs as mandated by JEE6 to be supported for "web profile" and "full
profile"

Thx

Vimal