[jboss-as7-dev] Server Instances

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 10:03:39 EST 2011

On 3/2/11 8:52 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Stupid question, but is //host/servers/<xyz>  equivalent to a server instance?

It represents the portion of the server configuration that's in
host.xml, i.e.

/host/running-server/<xyz>... is the path that gets you to the actual
running server -- underneath that the structure is equivalent to what
you'd find on a server running in standalone mode.

Separating the two pieces is necessary, but I don't think the addresses
are very user friendly. I'm thinking:

/host/server-config for the host.xml part and

/host/server for the running server

is more understandable. WDYT? If need be we could change the name of the
element in host.xml to match.