[jboss-as7-dev] Question about JBoss Logging

Andrig Miller anmiller at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 09:09:03 EDT 2011

I ask this on the forum, but haven't gotten a response, so I figured I would try here.

I have been porting an application up to AS 7. In doing that, I changed the logging I was doing in the application (mostly trace level), and I changed it to use JBoss Logging directly. When I deploy the application, it fails with a class not found exception, where it cannot find the Level class. So, my questions are.

Is JBoss Logging exposed as a public API through the module system? If not, was that intentional? If not, what is the recommended approach?

Andy