[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 Arquillian and OSGi

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Fri Mar 25 01:09:18 EDT 2011

I'm looking to upgrade ARQ in AS:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8946

...but AS is using a fork of Arquillian:

<version.org.jboss.arquillian>1.0.0.Alpha4.SP9</version.org.jboss.arquillian>

First, I can't find the source location for this tag.  Closest I can see is:

https://github.com/tdiesler/arquillian/commits/1.0.0.Alpha4.SP7

...and also there's some ARQ branch:

https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian/commits/1.0.0.Alpha4-OSGi

It's possible/probable that I missed some discussion on the reasoning
behind this, but I want to put a stop to this kind of forking.  Yes, I
know that AS needed a release of ARQ before ARQ was ready for alpha-5.

AS is in a position to fuel Arquillian development, and at the very
least if forks are needed in a clutch, they've got to go into the
authoritative Arquillian repository:

https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian

That said, I'm looking to resolve this and bring any changes that are
demanded by AS back in line with current ARQ upstream/master.

If you can point me at where the SP9 tag lives, I can start a discussion
w/ Aslak about what we need to do to bring these changes into
upstream/master.  Perhaps some additional layering will be necessary to
tack on OSGi-specific stuff that shouldn't be in ARQ core, and we should
handle that too.

But long-term, AS is going to need a version of ARQ that's not forked
off current development so that we can do drop-in-place upgrades.

S,
ALR