[jboss-as7-dev] Missing cause on jboss.network.default: failed to resolve interface default error

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Fri Mar 25 14:43:09 EDT 2011

When starting up with a loopback address that is other than 127.0.0.1
(I'll get to that later), this exception happens:

14:31:16,275 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] MSC00001: Failed to
start service jboss.network.default:
org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.network.default:
failed to resolve interface default
     at
org.jboss.as.server.services.net.NetworkInterfaceService.start(NetworkInterfaceService.java:101)
     at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1344)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
[:1.6.0_20]
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
[:1.6.0_20]
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636) [:1.6.0_20]

Now I have seen this msg not be displayed at all, so under some
circumstances it is being lost.

Now, for the loopback address issue. The libra (our cloud project)
server instances generate unique loopback addresses, but do not want to
create a unique loopback device or aliases on the loopback device for
some reason. How do I specify that the default address should use a
specific address, but still match the loopback interface? Looking at the
interface-criteriaGroup schema, you cannot do something like?

<interfaces>
<interface name="default">
<inet-address value="127.0.250.5"/>
<loopback />