[jboss-as7-dev] Arquillian and JPDA on AS7

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 12:12:22 EDT 2011

>>> If you are using managed you should be able to do:
>>>
>>> -Djboss.options="-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=5005,server=y,suspend=y"
>>>
>>> If you are using embedded -Dmaven.surefire.debug should work as normal.
>>
>> That does not remove the problem of users running their server at the same time doing development.
>>
>> I wonder if Arquillian could start its server needs on a separate port to not have conflicts ?
>
> To me, that's solving the problem at the wrong level.  ARQ's job is not
> to define configuration for the server.  If we want to default to a
> different development config profile to avoid these types of conflicts,
> I find that more attractive.

That is what I meant, but since the configs would be the same but simply just an offset specified when starting up
it becomes the same does it not ?

Anyway, I'm curious how you guys workaround this problem when using arquillian - I keep having to remember shutting
down my AS before running anything Arquillian related.

Maybe that is the only approach?

/max