[jboss-as7-dev] Bug or Feature: JVM not set on server-config

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 12:25:32 EDT 2011

I'm still a noob when it comes to the domain model but
I just want to reflect Heiko's concerns from a tooling and user perspective -
it seems that for using the http/cli API you not only need to be super aware of these details;
you also have to do multiple queries to actually resolve the information you as a user, tools or management console
write would need to get a full picture.

And as far as I can see; you will need to consult that not-yet-existing wiki page constantly to actually figure out
if a undefined means undefined or inherited (and then where that is inherited from).

I can just imagine the many different implementations that will occur to try and interpret this lowlevel model ...
management console, jopr, jboss tools, user scripts ....seems to get very error prone very quickly.

Some way to actually "materialize" the model would be very useful, and possible even required for sensible external usage IMO.

I believe this were discussed some months ago, but I never saw any real conclusion on it then.

/max