[jboss-as7-dev] Requirements and Design Proposal: AS7 TestSuite

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 15:29:14 EDT 2011

>> Ok, i'll ask him how he do it then.
>>
>>> A contributor also did this in like a couple of hours:
>>> https://github.com/jamezp/jboss-as-deploy-plugin
>>
>> That code is using as far as I can see the Java API which I will *not* work across multiple versions
>> unless you guys guarantee serialization and API will not change ?
>>
>> Last time we had the discussion (Devoxx) it was said to me that if I wanted portability
>> I (and other tools) would need to use the HTTP exposed API (or the file API).
>>
>> Has that changed ?
>>

> Yes. The java API will have the same compatibility guarantees as HTTP.

ooh - when did that change ?

So if I use the java library available for AS 7 Final I can use that with AS 7.x and EAP 6.x ?

And if I need to access new features/bugfixes in the client and uses i.e. EAP 6.1 library that will
also work with AS 7.0 and EAP 6.0 and as a consequence AS 7.x/AS 6.x ?

i.e. what im trying to avoid/reduce the bundling of N runtime libs with the tools.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen