[jboss-as7-dev] mappedname behavior ?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue May 31 06:24:22 EDT 2011

On Tuesday 31 May 2011 03:47 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> > From what I can understand and see JBoss EJB3 have had different implementations of this over time and in AS 7 have moved to simply completely ignore the mappedname attribute.
mappedName on @Stateless, @Stateful and @MessageDriven has always been
ignored by JBoss EJB3 and isn't something new in AS7.

mappedName on @Resource and @EJB is expected to work in AS7 (and
previous versions). If this is currently broken in AS7 upstream, then it
is a bug. I don't think it's broken because we have a testcase for
exactly this specific attribute
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/tree/master/testsuite2/spec/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/spec/injection/mappedname.
If there's some specific application running into a problem, then please
point me to that.

-Jaikiran