[jboss-as7-dev] Case-sensitivity of restricted model values

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Sun Nov 27 21:54:21 EST 2011

IMO we should always store and output values that match the "allowed"
description in the metadata but should always be lenient about accepting
input.

I had a look at all the uses of ModelDescriptionConstants.ALLOWED and it
would be pretty simple to tweak a few places and have everything on the
server side conform to that rule.

I'd prefer to have that be a hard rule than introduce a new piece of
descriptive metadata. If someone really really needs to have an
exception to the rule, then we can consider adding descriptive metadata.