[jboss-as7-dev] Security Domain Config: JASPI vs Classic?

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Oct 4 10:57:12 EDT 2011

On 10/04/2011 03:44 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> Then, your web.xml could look like this:
>
>       <login-config>
>           <auth-method>JBOSS</auth-method>
>           <realm-name>jmx-console</realm-name>
>       </login-config>
>
> And you don't have to do any real configuration from an application
> perspective if there are already built in security domains that support
> what you want to do.

I have a similar issue to some of your concerns to solve for JBoss
Remoting and inserting the 'Authenticator' during deployment has been
suggested - if we pick out the <realm-name> specified here an
authenticator based on the capabilities of the realm can be inserted
although you may still want app specific config when deciding between
say BASIC and FORM auth.