[jboss-as7-dev] Expressions

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 10:39:36 EDT 2011

There are two pieces of metadata that control this. They apply either to
an attribute or to an operation parameter.

1) "type" --  A ModelType -- The basic type of the attribute/parameter.
This will *never* be ModelType.EXPRESSION.

2) "expressions-allowed" -- a boolean -- If present with value "true"
indicates that ModelType.EXPRESSION is also legal for this
attribute/parameter. Otherwise, only the basic type is legal.

http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16317 includes a bit more verbose
details on these.