[jboss-as7-dev] Annotations are being ignored, AS7 is silent

Rostislav Svoboda rsvoboda at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 09:26:22 EDT 2011

Hi guys.

I have problem with AS7 usability. I tried to deploy jar file with WS endpoint defined in EJB. I used standalone server without any additional configuration.

{code}
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] deploy /home/rsvoboda/svn/jbossws-cxf-4.0.0.Beta6/modules/testsuite/shared-tests/target/test-libs/jaxws-benchmark-datatypes-ejb3.jar
'jaxws-benchmark-datatypes-ejb3.jar' deployed successfully.
{code}

There was no error in deployment and I expected to have endpoint accessible. But it wasn't because WS subsystem is enabled only in -preview.xml profile. My deployment was processed only by EJB subsystem.

I would expect something like:
{code}
'jaxws-benchmark-datatypes-ejb3.jar' deployed successfully.
WARN: WS subsystem is not enabled.
{code}

This is general issue, basically unresolved dependencies due to annotations only are not detected.
AS7 should help users to discover possible problems quickly and not be silent.

For me this is usability issue. I would like to know your opinion and possible solutions too :).

Thanks,
Rosta