[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration conundrum with Express

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 09:10:18 EDT 2011

>> Since just exposing this doesn't really help since users would then have to remember to invoke these operations always from whatever tool they use, wether that is command line, forge, eclipse, netbeans, maven etc.
>>
>> I hope its done with something that doesn't requires N implementations - but something like the suggested feature of being able to deploy management changes.
>
> AS7 doesn't allow this generally, right? So why would it be different on express?

I don't want Express to be different, I want both AS7 locally, on remote hosts and on express to be easy to configure/setup without relying on a running server or that your tool has access to do the right management calls at the right times.

i.e. before we could copy a .war and a -ds.xml and it would work/deploy from any tech.

Now we need to have forge, cli, jboss tools, netbeans, eclipse, intellij, my eclipse etc. be aware of AS7 management model and not only be able to tell the server to set something up, but also be able to handle the possible error conditions (i.e. datasource is already there, operation not permitted etc.) to do an outofbox deployment without too much fuzz.

/max