[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration conundrum with Express

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 17:04:50 EDT 2011

So the plan, and what I'll be working on this week is to have a batch
CLI script that exists in the openshift express application repository,
when pushed to the express server, is run against the jbossas server CLI
interface.

One issue that is coming up is the need to refer to environment
variables for things like the interfaces/ports for socket services.
These values are a property of the execution environment the server is
being administered in, and activation of a mysql datasource for example
depends on the user "embedding" the mysql cartridge into the jbossas7
openshift application. To run the same configuration against a local
server in jboss tools, we would need to allow for the typical
${env-var:default} type of syntax. Right now the CLI does not do any
system property or environment variable replacement. I think this is a
feature that needs to be added to allow the scripts to be portable
across provisioning environments.