[jboss-as7-dev] The principal is not propagated to ejb session context

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 07:18:39 EDT 2011

This indeed appears to be a bug. I also looked at our AS7 testsuite and
all of those tests do programatic login within the servlet or the tests
before invoking the bean. Dieter, on the other hand uses container
managed login (FORM based) and is running into this issue.

I looked into the code and IMO the
org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve (which is
setting up the principal) is added at the wrong place. This valve is the
first one to be executed even before the FormBasedAuthenticatorValve
kicks in. As a result, the SecurityContextAssociationValve doesn't have
the right principal to associate with the request.

Dieter, could you please create a JIRA for this (if you haven't yet)
here https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7

-Jaikiran