[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration conundrum with Express

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 14:41:51 EDT 2011

On 10/18/11 1:28 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
> On 10/18/11 7:07 AM, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> I think Brian's question was "Why can't we just put the env
>> expressions in the management operation?" Perhaps the CLI doesn't
>> fully use the expression type when seen?
>>
> I am talking about having the env expressions in the batch script of the
> management operations. The issue was that these are not being replaced
> by the command line tools.

They are not meant to be replaced by the command line tools; they should
be passed through to the server and stored as expressions. I'll put
through a change today in how some less-recently changed parts of the
model (e.g. interfaces, sockets) deal with expressions; I believe they
are not handling expressions that come in via the management APIs
correctly; they just deal with them properly in the parser.