[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration conundrum with Express

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 12:56:56 EDT 2011

Actually it does support alternative properties, and I have added tests
for that. I'm working on the update as part of
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2169.

The full syntax for the expression will now be:
${<[env.]name>[,<[env.]name2>[,<[env.]name3>...]][:<default>]}

with the following resolution logic:

1. For each [env.]name value,
     a. First look for System.getProperty([env.]name) and use it if defined
     b. else, look for System.getenv(name) and use it if defined
2. If there is no matching system property or environment variable, use
the default if provided.

I have added tests for all of these combinations to the
org.jboss.dmr.ExpressionValueTest test. This will be pushed out shortly.