[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 logging changes

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 02:54:01 EDT 2011

I have been noticing that James has been helping us moving over to the
new Logger APIs for i18n. He's converting various classes to use the new
logger APIs, where we traditionally used Logger.getLogger(klass.class).
But I also see that any new code/class that gets added by others
(atleast me), ends up using the old style of logging thus adding more
work for James later on. This I guess is going to be never ending. Is
there some wiki/instructions which lists down what needs to be done with
logging and what APIs should be used going forward? Whatever new code I
add, I can make sure that I use the new APIs.

-Jaikiran