[jboss-as7-dev] Implicit dependencies on jmx from webservices

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 14:04:06 EDT 2011

If I remove the jmx subsystem from the current JBoss AS
7.1.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT build, I see the webservices deployer fail with
the following NPE on startup:

     at
org.jboss.as.webservices.deployers.EndpointRecordProcessorDeploymentAspect.<init>(EndpointRecordProcessorDeploymentAspect.java:54)
Method) [:1.6.0_26]
     at
[:1.6.0_26]
     at
[:1.6.0_26]
[:1.6.0_26]
     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355) [:1.6.0_26]
     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308) [:1.6.0_26]
     at
org.jboss.as.webservices.parser.WSDeploymentAspectParser.parseDeploymentAspect(WSDeploymentAspectParser.java:140)
     ... 187 more

There is an implicit dependency on the jboss.mbean.server service being
used on the NPE line:

         setMbeanServer((MBeanServer)
WSServices.getContainerRegistry().getService(ServiceName.JBOSS.append("mbean",
"server"))
                 .getService().getValue());

Shouldn't this be an externalized dependency declared to the msc via
injection?