[jboss-as7-dev] EJB passivation/activation, clustering and JPA extended persistence context handling...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 10:39:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm looking into handling serialization of the extended persistence
context (for both clustering and EJB3.1 passivation/activation).

The (JPA subsystem) spi is still developing for this but if anyone has
feedback or wants to follow.  A sketch for the spi is at
https://github.com/scottmarlow/jboss-as/blob/d7ec51ac14afb47ced7d203f8b3696c10221e9db/jpa/spi/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/jpa/spi/XPCSerializationController.java

One question that comes up is why.  Why not just throw
NotSerializableException instead of serializing the extended persistence
context.  If anyone feels strongly that we should throw
NotSerializableException instead of serializing the extended persistence
context, I'd like to hear why.

I've made internal changes on
https://github.com/scottmarlow/jboss-as/tree/cluster1 to support
clustering extended persistence contexts.  Next is to do the actual
serialization.

Scott