[jboss-as7-dev] Test Suite Changes

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Fri Oct 28 04:03:53 EDT 2011

Is it really that hard? Lets assume you have a set of mutually exclusive
test suites. They could be organized like this:

-Dsuite=foo
-Dsuite=bar
-Dsuite=baz
-Dsuite=...

in maven this would look like

<activation>
<property>
<name>suite</name>
<value>foo</value>
</property>
</activation>

If 'foo' is the default (i.e. the smoke tests). You would also have
profile that activates like this

<activation>
<property>
<name>!suite</name>
</property>
</activation>

If the suites are organized my maven modules. You can AND them together with

mvn -pl testsuite-foo,testsuite-bar,testsuite-baz,...

It should always be possible to navigate to a particular module and run
a subset of tests like this

mvn -Dtest=osgi/*/*TestCase test

cheers
-thomas